July 2017 Puzzled Pint: Game of Thones
Tap on any hint box to view it.
Location - Mixtape of Ice and Fire
- Determine the artist or band for each song.
- The minute of the track time is used to extract a letter from the artist's name. What should you do with the seconds?
- The seconds of the track time is used to shift the letter, but what way should you shift?
- For songs with fire, you should add. For songs with ice you should substract.
- PUZZLED KING
- Have you noticed the misspelled words?
- There are 3 kinds of misspellings
- Some words are missing a letter, some have an extra letter, and some have a changed letter
- Missing letters spell out AFTER, Additional letters spell out EVERY, Changed letters spell out COMMA
- Take each letter after every comma in the letter
- HOUSE BANISTER
Jon Snow's Family Tree
- Each pair of answers share a letter in the same position
- Read the shared letters from each column left to right
- TONY STARK
Logic Game of Thrones
- Notice that each of the places match to an element, plant, and animal.
- Location of each of duke: Mahogany – Nikolai, Silk – George, Gold – Fatima, Diamond – Helena, Pearl – Robert, Ebony – Gudrun, Ivory – Judith, Marble – Barack, Saffron – Anabel
- Have you noticed the swords? Perhaps you should use them?
- Extract the letters based on the where each of the swords are pointing
- KING OF THE ROUND TABLE
- KING ARTHUR
House of Black and White
- Fill in the grid with black and white masks (if you get stuck, review the solution document)
- Interesting that the grid can be broken in 2x3 sections
- Use Braille to get the answer
Meta - Spoiler Alert!
- Match the previous puzzle solutions to each House Crest
- Use the picies below to find words that coorspond
- Tony Stark = Ironman, King Arthur = Pendragon, Sirius = Dogstar, House Banister = Handrail
- Interesting you have left over pieces
- The left over pieces spell "EVERYONE DIES"
Bonus - PP Kingdoms
- Hints TBD